Saturday, February 5, 2011

5th grade wasn't a fun year...

Now for our guest writer, Cecelia (CC) Smith!

In forth grade, I met the three people who were destined to become my closest friends until high school. Amelia, Nicole, and Rachel and I hung out all the time. We often enjoyed each others company through out the entire school year.

When summer came around the bend, we went our separate ways.

Fifth grade came quicker than any of us anticipated. When we discovered we were in the same class, imagine the exhilaration felt by all of us. We spent the first few weeks in bliss, taking for granted being together.






Our first fight was in math. Nicole, fed up with Rachel, called her a "sassy pants."
Rachel, very traumatized, told her mom. Amelia also told her mother in hopes of solving the tension  between Rachel and Nicole.

The two mom's reactions, however, were drastically different.


And



I, too, told my mother. If you thought the previous two mother's reaction were different, my mom's was something else:


So I tried. Since Amelia was no longer allowed to talk to Nicole, I worked out a schedule for my friends:



Once again, Rachel told her mom, who in turn told our teacher. Then the teacher called all of us by turn, and told us if we were having any social trouble, to ask an adult for help. That conflicted with what my mom said...

Finally, I talked to each of my friends, and pleaded to let us be together again. I even wrote a letter to Amelia's parents asking for Ameila's ability to talk to Nicole again! Finally, all the moms agreed to let us converse again, and our friendship was re-created.




Unfortunately, one day, I was called to the office. The principal informed me I was being transferred to Mr. Hibbard's class. He was the meanest teacher in school! Then it hit me: I was no longer in the same class as Amelia, Nicole, and Rachel!


I sulked around the house for the next week before the switch. I had the meanest teacher in school and no friends in my class? How was I going to live?




The day of the switch came. As it turned out, Mr. Hibbard was actually really nice! He was very sarcastic, but hilarious if you were a good student! I enjoyed him as my teacher. However, my social life fell apart.

My friends quickly forgot about me. They didn't see me in class, so they never thought about me. During recess and lunch, we slowly drifted apart as I made new friends and Amelia, Nicole, and Rachel ignored me.

My new friends were Kaytlyn and Sophie. They were already best friends, so I didn't want to impose on their friendship. I even made a picture that I gave to them about it!



Later that year, we created a business: Savvy Dresses. It was a program that I organized. Sophie drew great dresses, so we made a team that drew dresses for others. Sophie made the dress, Kaytlyn drew the accessories, and I drew hangers or a person, depending on the order. This business flourished for a long time, until we got burnt out at the end of the year.



Another adventure was the Awesome Question Book, a book with personal trivia questions. When we left it in the classroom by mistake, some people stole it and wrote profanity in it! Don't forget, we were in fifth grade. No one swore in fifth grade. We hurriedly white-outed the pages, solving the problem, but we never found out who wrote the words.



Kaytlyn and Sophie and their other pals (who I quickly adopted as my friends as well) were obsessed with Twilight. They had me read all the books behind my parent's back. I hated the novels, but pretended to love them for my friend's sake.

The main character, Bella, was a terrible role model, and I could see her insecurity rubbing off on Kaytlyn. She insulted my clothing, not wanting to be seen with me, and blew up over any little thing any one said against her. But I forgave her. I was a good friend.



When Lisa and Emma arrived at our school, Kaytlyn stuck to them like a burr. She ignored me, and that was very depressing. I felt terrible, but never confronted her about my feelings.



When school finally ended, I was depressed. I had forgotten about my real friends, and Kaytlyn was being unforgiving. I did eventually covey my left-out feelings to her, but she took offense and told me I was the wrong one.

I never really completely solved my issues with Kaytlyn, and I haven't talked to her sense.

Eventually, I did become friends with Amelia, Nicole, and Rachel again, but that's a different story. :)


Thanks for posting, CC!

- Amelia

39 comments:

  1. HOLY THAT IS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Savvy dress... they look pretty! So are you all friends still today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunatley, Kaytlyn, Sophie, and I are no longer friends, however Rachel, Nicole, Amelia, and I are still super close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No she is definatley not, just exaggerating for comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is the teacher wearing a hooker outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey does guess who follow this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And yeah what up with the hooker outfit? :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiI am tired. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait why are the exclamation points upside down...guess what...i have two weeks off....omg i love the paris schooling system....we just moved!!!!!!what's it like at schools in America

    ReplyDelete
  10. No school for 4 days here in our school system!
    School dance coming up soon!
    Bad education system!

    Wish I could live in Paris. :(

    Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guess what im at a sleepover and we are up really late playing spin the bottle...i justed kissed a girl and now I feel a strange sensation to ask her out...amelia...what should I do?

    Oh and yeah Paris is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and in case you are wondering it is a little after 11 p.m. here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should. Very romantic. :)

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so I did and then she slapped me and said don't you know I already have a boyfriend...so I said no...and then she said well you should im dating your cousin...so then I found out that my cousin has or should I say had a secret girlfriend....hey um do you know the 3rd girl on the last picture of this blog post...shes smokin...can I have her number...jk about the last part anyway.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. dude Trent no offense but 1. its a drawing and 2. whatever you do dont ask a friend out all it leads to is problems

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha the 3rd girl in the last pic is CC, and I'm pretty sure of it Trent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey CC do you want my number

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, that's Amelia.
    Ha ha!
    Funny. You do know Amelia drew all the pictures, right? I just wrote the words!

    CC

    PS: Trent, why would you give your number to someone you don't even know? Brave... :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, who are you, cuz I dont think you were at the dance

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... Trent, you're creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree. Trent, you're being pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I got nervous when I saw her cause she really really cute...by the way I'm sorry for your break up...I heard it from a friend from a friend...and it ok Nicole I know who you are

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trent... Whoever you are, I undrstnd tht u r nervous... but just tell this AC girl at skool on Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa how do you know me....and yeah just tell her trust me iv been in plenty of situations like that and they have all ended out great with no problems or conflicts in our relationship...so you should just do it there is nothing that could go wrong...you know what how many classes do you have with her. Wait OMG are you I think you are?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dude why are you staling her?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok Im sorry "Trent" but you really need to tell her on monday and alyssa I run into the same problem

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some one who loves The TriangleFebruary 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM

    You guys know this isn't a chat room, right? Amelia can disable comments anytime she wants. Trust me. I blog.
    Trent: If you really want to communicate with Amelia email her at 3sides3angles@gmail.com. I think she has made that clear... Comments are not a sufficient way of communication.
    All of you are giving out a huge amount of personal information, and there ARE stalkers out there, and they are smart. They can find you. I can find you.
    It's not funny.
    Please go find a secure chat room for all your little (or big) drama.
    I'm sure The Triangle audience does not want this.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Some comments have been deleted to protect the identity of others, please just carry this out at school "Trent" I know AC. But some people are giving out way to much information on here.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some one who loves The TriangleFebruary 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM

    Thank you Amelia. All that drama was annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well lets see... You could go tell her who you are, you could tell her FRIENDS who you are and they could tell her who u r, or maybe you could send an email as Amelia said and tell her who you are. Or not. Just tryin to help

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your right well ok I understand I will email you

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG DID U C D POLL????

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.