Saturday, January 22, 2011

The effects of Titanium necklaces on 3 different people.

For this post, we are excited to introduce our next guest star and favorite teacher, Mrs. Thompson!



Titanium necklaces are beneficial accessories that are are meant to calm you and relieve muscle and joint pain.






Here our friend Amanda models the necklace for us.

-----


One of the students in our class happened to have a soothing titanium necklace, and on a day when my teacher, Mrs. Thompson, had a splitting headache. Fortunately, the student graciously offered the assistance of the necklace to salve her discomfort.

Because some of us were skeptical of the necklace's abilities, Mrs. Thompson tracked her mood in 3 five minute increments.



After 5 minutes, the class noticed no change. The skeptics were beginning to feel smug. But that was before the next 5 minutes were over.







Finally after 15 minutes, Mrs. Thompson was ecstatic. She began guffawing, and then began singing a song she made up on the spot.



It was decided the necklace worked for her. The question was, would it work on Jennifer?

Jennifer's grandparents had recently died of old age, and she was feeling depressed. Mrs. Thompson wanted to make Jennifer feel better, so she offered the necklace to her. Again her mood was tracked in 5 minute periods.







However, no changes occurred in her mood. She turned to me and said, "This necklace doesn't work. You guys are my necklace." Which resulted in everyone "awwww!"-ing and patting her on her head.


Finally, I decided to try the necklace. The result was opposite of Mrs. Thompson's:







After 5 minutes, there was no change. I was still in my regular old mood. When 10 minutes came around, I was very hyper and happy. I was beginning to think the necklace actually worked! But then after another five minutes, I was exhausted. I could barely even stand up!

 Here is a graph displaying the results.



I returned the "magic" necklace to Mrs. Thompson, who agreed with me there is a limit to the amount of time you can wear the necklace before "side effects" started kicking in.


However, she doesn't agree with me that it is a placebo. But that's OK. Everyone has a different opinion.


More information on the Titanium necklaces here.

- Amelia

9 comments:

  1. Hey! Both of my grandparents didn't die! It was just my grandma. And it was of an infection. And I wasn't extremely sad and crying! Also, I said my friends were my necklace. Not everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exaggerating for comedy. Sorry if you don't like it.

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey why am I being left out I THOUGHT i WAS A GOOD ENOUGH FREIND to be put on a blog but I guess not :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never put on the necklace! But like I said, I will write a post about you, but you have to email me!

    3sides3angles@gmail.com

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what I get for Googling "titanium necklaces?" Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a true account of an experience with the necklaces! Very reliable. :)

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.