Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Choo Choo Train

Jamison.

She's a close friend of mine, but older than me by a grade.

However, she's very funny to tease.

In fact, I "blackmailed" her into letting me write this post about her and her nickname. She HATES the nickname and didn't want it on a blog, but I kept annoying her with it over and over until she finally gave in. Of course, I told her I'd never say it again. Wish me luck with that.



When Jamison was in 4th grade, one of her teachers gave her the name "Jane." However many times she tried to correct his mistake, it was useless, and the name Jane stuck like gum to a shoe. Now that's what everyone calls her.

In 6th grade, one of her friends was playing around and created a new nickname. Well, actually a short chant:

"Jane, Jane, choo choo train!" was the new name, sung to the tune of "rain, rain, go away."

When I became friends with Jane, I had no knowledge of this chant. But when it was introduced to me by the very friend who made it up, it stuck. Again.

Poor Jane now had to put up with the torment of the name everyday. We repeatedly called her that for minutes on end, or, perhaps in random spontaneous bursts.

We would stand bored in P.E., until one of us remembered the dreaded song.






An evil grin would spread across my face in anticipation of the trouble I was about to cause. Then I would sing:


At this point Jane would panic, annoyance clear on her face. She would start laughing and hyperventilating and would hold up a fist in warning. 

Time for the mind game.




When Jane saw the rest of the song wasn't coming, her relief was evident.




This was the time. 





Now Jane would erupt into a sarcastic fury which was still scary, though fake. Of course, she might disagree about the fake part...

Her face would slowly mutate itself into something that was put in a blender.









"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!"

She would then chase us and smack us with her fists, causing me to run and hide while laughing like a hyena. 



Jane is a good friend of mine and a great person. She just becomes "temperamental" sometimes.

- Amelia



PS - "temperamental" is in quotes because she just pretends. I have to admit, we all do sometimes

17 comments:

  1. Poor Jane... With friends like that...
    Love the art, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille.... of course...
    But then again, I was laughing so hard through the whole thing my stomach hurt... and then my mom came over to see what was wrong with me....

    'Jamison'? Really???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wouldn't have wanted MY real name posted. I thought you told me not to...

    Glad to know you enjoy it, anyway! I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amellia,


    I LOVE IT. FROM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danger girl... dangerous! :) I better look out!

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol you guys! But again, I correct you. Most of the time it's me singing Jane Jane the Choo Choo Train. And talking about JJ. And Jane. Together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol Jennifer... Can't get away with any exaggeration around here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol sorry alyssa you know me. Remember on the 26th? In the computer lab? yeah... good times

    ReplyDelete
  10. O. MY. GOD. NO WAY.

    I don't know why I just wrote that.

    Where were you in school today...?

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, did you guys know we have viewers in Canada?

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. O that is cool. And I was home sick with the absolute wort headache on the planet. Good times at the comp lab lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww...! Poor Alyssa! Questions will come for you soon... but I will text you.

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm getting so confused with all the names....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clarification? Send an email to me at 3sides3angles@gmail.com and I will send you a catalog of all out characters!

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane, its true. Asking amelia for clarification really can help. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes. It is helpful in this case.

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.