Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Super Mario Brothers: the most impossible game ever.

I play Super Mario Brothers a lot. It's my favorite pastime.

However, I am a complete failure at the thing.

My friend Cecilia (or CC for short) is a master at Mario. She knows all the cheats and glitches and secrets the game has.

Our game session is mostly me dying and achieving my "ultimate goal" of zero lives, or me sitting very dormant in a bubble the whole time. Meanwhile, CC sprints to the end in a flash, never losing a power-up and certainly never losing a life.

That's me, blue toad, falling to my doom.



Fortunately, there's always bubbling, which I do constantly. Being in a bubble is a life saver.

I often wonder what happened to me that made me such a turkey at this game.


Of course, CC never hesitates to comfort me.


Sigh... The game's results are always the same; no lives in my case, and so many in CC's. Time to resort to the glitches.

Our favorite is the glitch in the world 4 final castle, which we use to get the maximum number of lives (99). 


This we do a lot. You see, I lose all 99 lives almost as soon as I get them. We go back to world 4 quite often.



When Mario achieves 99 lives, he loses his hat. CC never fails to lose her hat.




I'm just the opposite.




It must be very clear why this game is so impossible for me. Hopefully my game play will improve. At least being prone to failing gives something funny to post about!

- Amelia

17 comments:

  1. That's true. But really, practicing makes you better. Don't worry it's just a game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing too much video games makes your brain turn to mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain is mashed potatoes. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must like video games. :)

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just like mashed potatoes :p sorry rainbowuni, I'll have to be a zombie for juuuuust a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That's funny/weird, Jennifer.

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe. I ALREADY AM A ZOMBIE!! Lol JK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amelia why do you have such a comedic mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rainowuni/Jennifer: Woah. Can zombies eat other zombie's brains?
    Trent: Born with it! :)

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia, I think the answer to your question is no. Seeing as... Well... we don't have brains when were zombies ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  11. True... forgot about that... Funny anyway!

    - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. why are we talking about zombies? thats so random!!!

    ZOMBIES or UNICORNS???

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG my mom took away my computer!! I missed you! Well I see you have made more posts, so I just GOTTA check em' out.

    BYE AMELIA! (I love you way more than that Trent guy fyi)

    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm the Queen of Super Mario games. I'm an 80's baby. What else would you expect? :)

    Oh! I have a Super Mario post too that you might enjoy. Here's the URL

    http://everybodyloveskrissy.blogspot.com/2011/07/super-mario-brothers-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.