Thursday, May 5, 2011

One side of Amelia's dramatic life

You know my close friends (from closest to least close): CC, Nicole, Alex, Jane, Rachel, Jennifer, Conner.

Well, I always thought Nicole and Conner were friends, until recently.

Nicole HATES Conner. One by one, everything fell to pieces.

The main cause was the breakup. Conner called me and told me he liked CC (this was bad news for me, since I had a tiny little crush on him). I told him she'd probably say yes if he asked her out, but to be careful, then called CC and told her. "What are you going to say?" I asked her. She told me: I'll probably say "yes"... And I thought that was fantastic, and told her so, in a frenzy of fast-talking excitement.

So, on Monday, Conner asked out CC. She said yes, like she said the previous night.

Yay! I was happy they were together, this was gonna be fun! But then I got sick, and was out for two days. I got calls from Conner keeping me posted as events ensued. Bad events.

CC broke up with him. Nicole was the one who did it for her. (SHOCKER: Nicole knew firsthand the trauma of breakups happening with a middle man; the experience was BAD and the friendship fell apart) How could she do that?

CC said she didn't like Conner in the first place, and freaked out. But Conner was really hurt when Nicole and CC did that to him, and once again, things fell apart.

Nicole, feeling bad, came up with a cover up: She told Conner CC broke up with him because CC knew Nicole liked Conner, too. I'm not sure if that's a lie, or the dead truth.

But either way, fights and text wars began occurring between Nicole and Conner. Nicole tried to be friends with him for my sake (I don't like choosing friends), but more and more friends got pulled to her "The annoying Conner needs to go" side, until I was the only person still pro for being his friend.

"It's all your fault for telling CC to say yes," Jennifer said. (That's not true.)

"You're the only one who still wants him around." That's Nicole. (That really hit me in the gut)

I F**KING HATE BEING PUT IN THAT SITUATION! STOOOOOOP!

My solution: I'm not picking sides. I'm going with my intuition. I'll be friends with whoever I want to be with, and NO ONE will make me choose.

That didn't help. The hatred grew between my friends, until the only people still unaffected (drastically) were Jane, Rachel, and Alex, because they stay out of it entirely, and I began to draw closer with them, while my other friendships went down hill.

My old-close friends sided against Conner, and the war escalated until Nicole, Jen, and (sorta) CC were for shunning him (SHOCKER #2: CC and I stupidly shunned Nicole last year, because she annoyed us, like Conner annoys her. She knew the pain! Why? Why would she do that to another human being?)!

More fights, picking sides, text wars with name calling and threats to divide me in two. But I'm the glue. I keep two magnets of the same charge together. They simply don't mix! Nobody knows what it's like. I get Nicole's group saying, "Can you stop hanging around us so much, because you know Conner only hangs out with you. He hates us, and would go away if you did." (Well maybe not that harsh, but that's how it felt), and Conner saying, "Are you still going to be my friend if Nicole shuns me? She's so dramatic."

My response to this is: "I'm my own person, and I'm not going to be split in half."

I asked them to try to get along, and my refusal to agree with Nicole on some on her cons about Conner caused her to stop talking about it with me (- for relationship). But I need to know what she feels! Only today I found out Conner can be rough & physical, bossy, snotty, and rude when I'm not around. Because I called Nicole and talked to her about this whole situation. I've talked to Conner too, and he thinks Nicole is too dramatic, and is sick of it (to be honest, I'm sick of the drama too).

The most recent "shun bulletin" is: Jennifer wants to kick Conner out of our group and ostracize him (I'm not standing for that.).

I blow up when this stuff happens! I never yell at my friends, but when they're pulling me apart, I snap! I snap at them suddenly, and it's scary. I feel terrible after.

Why can't we just all get along?! Seriously, suck it and try. I know it's hard, but please, please, PLEASE TRY for my sake. Don't split me!

Plan to fix (hopefully) this: Get everyone to talk it out at lunch.

Plan, failed. But the problem seems less complicated...

UG. If Nicole weren't so intolerant, we could be friends. CC can get along with Conner. Ug.

- Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.