Monday, August 29, 2011

A Bad Behavior Day

It's the beginning of the school year, and this week we go over the rules. There are many, many, many, rules. And they they're worded so very rudely.

With rules like these, there will ever be a revolution.

Anyway, I'd never break any of these rules in real life, but I really would like to tell the authority what I think of their rules.

Rule 1:

"You may not leave the school grounds before [the] dismissal time without checking out through the office."


Rule 2:

Be at class on time.



Rule 3:

"[In the food line] don't yell or shout while making an order."



Rule 4:

"Do not cut in line"
Rule 5:

Clean up after yourself



Rule 6:

Do not use any wheeled devices to get around school.





Rule 7:

No cheating.




Rule 8:

No loitering.




Rule 9:

Don't chew gum, throw food, or use electronics.




Rule 10:

Don't wear inappropriate clothing.



Rule 11:

Don't be defiant.



Rule 12:

"[P]ictures cannot be taken of other students during the school day."



Rule 13:

Don't bring medication or weapons to school.




Rule 14:

Do not commit sexual harassment.


Rule 15:

Do not steal.





Ect., ect.

There are many more, but the one that really irks me is this:

"All school staff members are in a position of authority on campus and in any school related activity. Direct challenges... toward a staff member will result in disciplinary action... disciplinary action could result in arrest and possible expulsion..."

I under stand why we have the rules and all, but to not be able to stand up for one's self in disagreement of the authority? I believe everyone should have that right.

Anyway, tell me what you think in a comment.

- Amelia

PS: I would never do those things.  I don't even want to.

3 comments:

  1. someonenotinapositionofauthoritySeptember 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

    lol. My favorites are the inappropriate clothing and the gender harassment! In answer to the last question, I think it depends on what exactly is meant by "direct challenges?" What is considered the definition of "direct" or a "challenge" specifically? Does this mean an indirect challenge is OK? I believe this could be a useful topic of discussion to said authorities. Specifically, in what manner is standing up for oneself considered appropriate? OK, sorry, maybe I should have just ended the comment after lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about "[A]ny substances that could be a distraction to the learning enviornment are prohibited with the exception of pens and pencils" ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the expression on the girl climbing over the wall! but yeah i agree with you about that last rule. there's like a bazillion supreme court cases on that... probably

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.