Monday, March 7, 2011

I love my crippled dog!

 I have a dog. Her name is Nellie.


She is super cute and adorable and old and lazy.

But I love her because she is my dog.

~ ~ ~


Nellie took a trip to the dentist to get her teeth cleaned. She needed this badly, because her breath STANK! Imagine rotting fish, and there you go...


When we picked her up from the vet, we learned that they had to put her under in order to clean her teeth, and that she was very tired. Nellie did look very sleepy, but also very scared. No surprise there! Vets are scary, like doctors...

The plus was, no more stench!

It was time for my tennis class in the cold. I love tennis, but not tennis while I'm freezing. Of course, we never stand around in tennis, and running keeps me warm.



I had an average class. So-so. Nothing to talk about. My dad came and picked me up.

It was then I learned the news.

Nellie had slipped on our hardwood floor and dislocated her hip. It was assumed that she was going through her normal vacuum cleaner routine (eating crumbs off the floor when she slipped.) My mom came into the room, compelled by her cries. She saw poor Nellie dog pushing herself along the floor by her front legs, squealing.



She was rushed to the vet and tested, and they decided about her hip. They put her under again and popped it back in. (Actually, being tired from her teeth cleaning probably caused her to slip)


They then put a bandage on her. Nellie had to stay in a crate to heal her hip.



                                  

We had to hold her bandaged leg when she had to go to the bathroom. I avoided this job. I didn't want to be peed on!

We also had to be careful. If her hip popped out again, we'd have to put her down.


~ ~ ~


Nellie is much better now. She still has to stay confined, but her new crate is actually a stroller for dogs: 


She also has little doggie booties so she won't slip on the floor:



Aren't they cute? Nellie was confused when we put them on her, though. She stood there like:



We think Nellie will heal. After all, her crippled back, left hind knee, and right hind knee healed...

Wish Nellie luck! Crossing my fingers for my puppy!

- Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.