Saturday, March 5, 2011

Im not ready yet man

In Mexico, you don't need to wear seat belts.

Our taxi driver didn't wear his seat belt.

But my (at the time) 5 year-old-sister, Janet did.

pic of the taxi from the inside. there is the cab driver parents, and janet and amelia.

when the cab started moving, Janet hadn't put on her belt yet. She started panicing. Oh no! She was going to die!

pic of Janet starting crying

She had to stop the madness.

pic of her saying, I'm not ready yet!

pic of the taxi driver doing nothing

pic of Janet saying, I'M NOT READY YET!

The driver made no move. Maybe he didn't speak English very well.

Pic of janet yelling, "I'M NOT READY YET, MAN!" (emphasize the man by making it 4pts bigger)

pic of the family in the van cracking up. Janet looks unimpressed and frowns.

Children at five years of age don't realize the correct term is "Sir," or "Mister." Nope. For them, it is perfectly acceptable to call a man "Man."

Janet, although much older now, still enjoys telling this story.

Pic of her talking around a dinner table saying, "And then I screamed, 'I'm not ready yet, Man!" She is enjoying herself and people are smiling

My family still laughs at this tale, too. It was pretty embarassing, but also hilarious.

- Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! You're tempted... I can see it... I can see everything... OK just leave a comment now please.